Are you looking to add more protein into your diet or do you need an easy, healthy snack to take on the go? I am so excited to share one of my favorite blender recipes with you guys. This lemon hummus is a college staple of mine due to the affordable ingredients and nutrients! Lemon hummus tastes amazing with chips or veggies for dipping. After making my own hummus for over a year, I have finally perfected this recipe and I know you'll love it! If you like other flavors of hummus, this is also a great base recipe to follow.
Healthy Lemon Hummus Recipe:
-1 15oz. can cannellini beans
-1 large spoonful peanut butter (or tahini)
-2 large spoonfuls olive oil
-a few dashes of Nature's seasoning (salt/pepper)
-juice of two lemons
1. Rinse the beans well and add to blender
2. Take a dinner spoon (may also be considered flat tablespoon) and add in peanut butter
3. Use same dinner spoon for olive oil
4. Juice two small lemons over your hand to filter out the seeds
5. Season with salt and pepper or desired seasoning (I use Nature's, but garlic powder or paprika would taste great as well)
6. Blend until smooth - high speed blenders can accommodate thicker recipes, if you have a basic blender you may need to add extra olive oil to help the blending process
7. Add your hummus to a small jar and store in your fridge for 7 days.
~ this recipe can be enjoyed right away, but is best served chilled after it thickens up a bit
Sometimes I add jalapeño slices or red pepper flakes for some spice. Experiment with a few of your favorite flavors to tailor this recipe to your preferences. I love that this healthy lemon hummus is a plant-based protein! Also, the cannellini beans offer even more benefits such as fiber, iron, lowering bad cholesterol and blood pressure and they are a good source of antioxidants!
I hope you enjoy trying out this healthy snack ~ let me know if you customize this hummus recipe and how it turns out! Blender recipes are ready to enjoy in seconds and make for an easy clean up which is perfect if you're a college student or if you follow a busy schedule.
~ eat healthy, be happy ~