I've always loved looking to affirmations and mantras to inspire and motivate my decisions and goals. Finding a quote or sentence that really sticks with you and hits home is such a great feeling! The right positive affirmation or mantra should speak to you and almost act as a mini wake up call! It was time to refresh some of my go-to affirmations and I discovered some new ones that really stood out to me and got me to start chasing after my goals.
50 Positive Affirmations That Will Kick Your Bad Habits
Here are some examples of "bad" habits that you may find yourself struggling with. We all struggle with different obstacles in life and by no means should you scold yourself for feeling a certain way or expressing your emotions. You may find a quality you hold to be undesirable and something you wish to improve on. If your current way of thinking is no longer serving you, look to new practices, people, and challenge your beliefs! Read through the affirmations below and see if you gravitate toward any of these examples. Or you can tweak one of these positive affirmations to better fit your needs and make it your own. I personally struggle with procrastination so the positive affirmations in that category are most helpful to me.
Bad Habit #1: Thinking You're Not Worthy Of Love
- you deserve the love you give
- the people who belong in your life will find you and stay
- i will speak to myself like someone i love
- you are always enough
- i am surrounded by love
- you belong
- i release all doubts and insecurities about myself
- i am worthy of happiness and love
- love yourself instead of loving the idea of other people loving you
- i am proud of who i am and who i am becoming
- i deserve a healthy relationship
- make time for things that make you feel good
Bad Habit #2: The Procrastination Queen
- you are what you do, not what you say you'll do
- be stronger than your excuses
- take massive, imperfect steps toward your goals
- live less out of habit and more out of intent
- the secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine
- you are entirely up to you
- i was not made to be subtle
- don't stop until you're proud
- don't tell people your plans, show them your results
- you get what you work for
- step into your power
- you are in control of your attitude and your effort
- i choose now
Bad Habit #3: Not Believing In Yourself
- your life isn't yours if you always care what someone else thinks
- when things inside you change, things change around you
- do more of what makes your soul happy
- my voice matters and i inspire others
- i know that what i seek is also seeking me
- ask for what you want and be prepared to get it
- whatever makes you "weird" is probably your greatest asset
- she believed she could so she did
- you are what you manifest
- i trust my inner wisdom
- your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give
- your story is unique and not worthy of comparison
- embrace all that is you
Bad Habit #4: Having a Negative Mindset Often
- stay close to people who feel like sunlight
- when you focus on the good, the good gets better
- you are bigger than what is making you anxious
- most of the stuff people worry about never happens
- not everything that weighs you down is yours to carry
- believe that good things are coming
- your vibe attracts your tribe
- i am a magnet to positive energy
- always be kinder than you feel
- i am healthy and filled with energy
- begin each day with a grateful heart
- kindness is magic
Alright Marley, I've picked my positive affirmation or mantra or whatever. Now what? How can this actually help me?
Learn from my mistakes sister. Just writing this down somewhere one time is not going to do a damn thing! You need to remind yourself weekly or even daily for you over-achievers, for positive affirmations or mantra to take effect. Also, you need to really connect with your affirmation. It needs to rattle something deep inside you and make you realize, wow that's so true!! You can't just pick a generic affirmation like "be happy" if it doesn't slap you in the face screaming "WAKE UP! YOU'RE AMAZING AND TALENTED AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME!"
The positive affirmations that will kick my bad habits are mostly under the procrastination category. When I came across "don't tell people your plans, show them your results" I felt exposed and personally victimized by that single sentence! I was like, I'm sorry is someone trying to @ me right now?! Because that is how far this affirmation rang true for me. I am a born dreamer who is always and I honestly mean always thinking of crazy, beautiful new ideas that I'll never bring to life. Not following through on my ideas is one of my own bad habits that I want to kick to the curb. I blab on and on about some amazing, life changing business idea, healthy lifestyle, or overseas trip to my friends and family and then that idea gets replaced with a new one a month later and then by the end of the year I've got 12+ new goals and haven't completed any of them lol. "You are what you do, not what you say you'll do" really hit home for me as well.
In order for these affirmations to help, you must uphold promises you make to yourself. I needed to be reminded and motivated by these mantras often so I wrote them down in my planner, pinned them to Pinterest, reread them weekly, rewrote them in my notebook. You can even turn them into a piece of art to hang in your bedroom. I needed to see these positive affirmations everywhere! Still, each time I read them I have a little conversation with myself saying "Okay Marley, you can do this. Pick a goal and let's get this shit done!" I've made a promise to myself to follow through on one of my "dreams" by the end of 2020. What's just as important, I've promised myself not to ramble on about what I'm planning, but to proudly show off my finished masterpiece to my friends and family once I've achieved my goal. When you start making a promise to yourself and you actually follow through with it, you begin to trust yourself. It sounds a little silly, but having trust in yourself and your actions will help hold you accountable and believe in yourself and your abilities! About time!
If you need someone to help keep you accountable, reach out to me! I would love to be another person in your life to cheer you on to achieving your goals and breaking those bad habits. Give this post a "heart" and comment down below what positive affirmation you're going to focus on.
Click here to get FREE monthly positive affirmations and exclusive free stuff from me!